Christina Stanley, Joyce Chiu, and Marilyn Cunningham have stepped forward to lead the club’s efforts to become a Chartered Club in this Rotary Year
- Christina comes to the eClub from Red Bluff,
- Joyce was in Danville a few years ago and returning to Rotary
- Marilyn is a long time Walnut Creek Sunrise member who transferred on July 1.
- Bill Randall from Alamo Rotary is Assistant Governor supporting the club
- Joyce has offered to revive the monthly socials in the south, moving the focus north to Walnut Creek.
She has also offered to host a monthly on-line get together
- Christina is leading the Facebook effort
- Joyce’s friend Marcos Gomez will offer suggestions for website improvement.
Greeting e-Clubbers! Congratulations and thank you to Elizabeth Kine who has just achieved her first Paul Harris Fellow Award. Her partner Edgardo Carrillo is in the San Ramon Rotary. The tentative plan is for Elizabeth to receive her certificate and pin at a meeting of the San Ramon Club.
The Rotary Foundation is the mechanism whereby Rotary clubs in the US partner other Rotary clubs both locally and all over the world to engage in joint projects. Rotarians are encouraged to give some amount to the Foundation every year, even if it is only a symbolic gift of $20 per year. The program is called EREY – Every Rotarian, Every Year.
$100 is encouraged, and quite a few clubs ask their members for $200 per year. When the annual gifts add up to $1,000, the member receives a certificate and a pin signifying the achievement.
So once again, thank you Elizabeth Kline for your generous support of the Rotary Foundation, and congratulations on receiving your first PHF!