Rotary is moving from “100% Attendance” to “100% Engagement. In that context regular weekly meetings are neither the most common nor the most visible activity of the club. Each year, a member is expected to create one “Major Impact” for the betterment of the lives of others A Major Impact is earned by participating in Rotary activities for 40 hours during the Rotary Year (July 1 – June 30) or contributing $1,000 to The Rotary Foundation or fundraising projects of the Rotary clubs of 5160 or a combination of the two.
For Example –
If Alejandra, a club Member, does the following during the Rotary Year –
(1) Donates $400 to The Rotary Foundation’s Annual Fund,
(2) Donates $40 to a local District 5160 Rotary club’s Crab Feed,
(3) Attends 11 meetings at different District 5160 Rotary clubs, and
(4) Spends 25 hours of her time on different District 5160 Rotary club
Alejandra will be credited with Two (2) Major Impacts for the year.
Members report their hours for the Club by a system currently under development.
The Club holds its members to the highest of ethical standards. We measure this standard by The Four Way Test of the things our members think, say and do.
(1) Is it the Truth?
(2) Is it Fair to All Concerned?
(3) Will it Build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
(4) Will it Be Beneficial to All Concerned?
Using this test as their guide, members will report their participation hours (meetings, service projects and fundraising projects) and dollars contributed to local Rotary Clubs in District 5160 to the Club Secretary. Any dollars contributed by the club members to The Rotary Foundation will be automatically reported.
At a Club Event December 4, all Gateway Members who have created one or more Major Impacts will be recognized for their achievement.